Finland to become operational environment for digital business
Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner is heading the development of a Digital business growth environment that focuses on promoting the digitalisation of business. The goal is to make Finland a welcoming operational environment for digital services and business models.
- Building a digital growth environment is a natural continuation on the existing transport and communications policies since digital information and the infrastructures of transport and communications are sources for wellbeing and growth, says Minister of Transport and Communications Anne Berner.
Promoting digital business goes hand in with the project that aims to dismantle unnecessary regulation, as one way to promote digital business is through legislation that encourages and facilitates it.
In addition to simplifying legislation, the project is focused on promoting more effective use of large information reserves (mass data) and the Internet of Things, and creating a national information security strategy.
The idea is that internet and electronic services remain trustworthy for citizens and business and that in the future, business will make use of all the possibilities that digitalisation brings.
- The goal of the project is to increase productivity and growth. Digital resources exist already; all we need to do is make effective use of them, encourages Minister Berner.
The development of the digital growth environment is led by the Minister of Transport and Communications together with the Ministry of Employment and the Economy and economic affairs. The project has five measures that will start in the autumn of 2015. These measures are meant to be completed by the end of 2018.
Digital business growth environment, measures:
• Founding an "Internet of Things" programme that coordinates the measures of different Ministries
• Building a digital service growth environment for transport, "Transport as service"
• Making an information security strategy that increases trust in the internet and digital modes of operation
• Increasing the use and development of robotics in Finland
• Increasing the use of large information reserves (mass data) and business based on mass data, and starting experiments based on so called My Data
Ms. Kristiina Pietikäinen, Senior Adviser, tel. +358 295 34 2122, +358 40 522 2122